Webmasterspot - Website creation and management
Exploring Web development and everything that goes together with trying to run a website!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Google Pack Finally available to all international publishers

When I logged into my Adsense account today I was very surprised to finally see Google Pack as an option for referrals. In my previous post regarding the international Google Pack release, I explained that it wasn’t an actual “international release” since there were many countries left out (including my own).

Recently the Adsense team announced that Picasa referrals would be rolled into Google pack referrals. At that stage I still didn’t have access to Google Pack and I was a bit concerned about how it would affect my Picasa referrals. I e-mailed Adsense support and they stated that it shouldn’t have an effect and that Google Pack referrals could become available at a later stage. I could never guess it would be so soon!

It’s nice to finally be able to refer my visitors to the excellent set of utilities included in the Google pack. It’s definitely well worth trying out, and I can’t wait to see how well it converts. Being able to earn up to $2.00 per referral is also a nice bonus. Thanks Adsense for finally having a real international partial release that includes my country!

Update:
It seems there are still some countries that do not have access to Google Pack as a referral option, this is apparently still in a phased roll-out. However many countries have been added so be sure to check your account to see if this includes you.

If your country isn't yet supported please post a comment stating which country you are from. Also let me know if you have access to Pack referrals for the first time. I'm trying to compile a list of newly added and unsupported countries.

Newly Added countries

  • South Africa

Countries not supported at this stage
  • Singapore
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Pakistan
  • Norway

No comments: