Webmasterspot - Website creation and management
Exploring Web development and everything that goes together with trying to run a website!

Friday, January 06, 2006

New Years Resolutions for AdSense

The Adsense team have posted a list of 10 New Years resolution for Adsense publishers to try to adhere to for 2006. Unlike most New Years resolutions these are actually something you might want to try keep.

1. No more clicking on my own Google ads (tempting though they may be!).

2. Subscribe to Inside AdSense to get updates and suggestions sent straight to me.

3. Broaden my vocabulary of AdSense terms and features: link units, referrals, Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, section targeting, AdSense for search, and more.

4. Use the features above to earn more.

5. Try something new -- like customizing my AdSense for search box using the new options.

6. Filter in moderation.

7. Channel my energy into creating channels for better tracking and testing.

8. Sign up for EFT payments to receive my AdSense earnings more quickly and securely.

9. Provide detailed descriptions of my problems in any emails I send to Google AdSense Support. Well, at least my technical problems.

10. Quadruple my revenue, retire at a young age, and buy an island in Tahiti.

Original Post


To this I would like to add a few more of my own. So here is my additions:

11. Don't create sites purely for AdSense.

12. Create quality content

13. Put your visitors first

14. Abide by copyright. If you don't know who created an image or wrote something, it doesn't mean that you are free to use it on your websites.

15. And lastly - PUT YOUR VISITORS FIRST. I can't emphasize this enough. If you provide good content and fill your users needs, then they will keep coming back.

Number 10, needs some refinement though. I would much rather settle for a few thousands Google shares instead of an island in Tahiti... After a few years of dividends and perhaps selling off those shares you could afford your own country. Now wouldn't that be great!

No comments: